CHIPPEWA FIRE DISTRICT
The Town of Lafayette is a founding member of the Chippewa Fire District, created in 1978. The Chippewa Fire District currently has 99 members (8 career and 91 paid-on-call, operating from 3 Fire Stations with 37 pieces of apparatus. There are 21 vehicles, 2 UTV, and 2 boats. Member municipalities are: Village of Lake Hallie, Towns of Hallie, Lafayette, and Howard.
Lafayette Station #3
Lafayette Station #3 of the Chippewa Fire District is located at 5855 197th Street, Chippewa Falls, WI near the Lafayette Town Hall. It is manned 24/7 with a duty crew of two Firefighter/Paramedics. Lafayette station has 31 members.
2022 Station #3 Officers
- Deputy Chief – Cory Jeffers
- Captain – Josh Rihn
- Captain – Erik Hennlich
- Captain – Jeff Frederick
- Training Officer – TJ Schemenauer
- Firefighting (structure & wildland)
- ALS Emergency Medical Services
- BLS Emergency Medical Services
- Critical Care Transport
- Vehicle Rescue (Extrication)
- TEMS Medics
- Search & Rescue
- Water Rescue & other Technical RescueStation #3 business phone is (715) 723-0607.
- For Emergencies always call 9-1-1.
Lafayette Fire Station No. 3 Events
PANCAKE BREAKFAST - Sometime in April and raffle in the fall.
Proceeds are used to purchase equipment, and/or supplies for the fire station, its volunteers, and the community.